Chasing walls out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
I want to overlay the cables with channel.

If I use PVC channel instead of the galvanised stuff, what is the best way to fix it and keep it in place

same way as galv, whack a nail at the side into the wall to hold it back

just be aware if its cold then its more brittle and can break easily if your not careful

Capping = spawn of the devil

Total nightmare if the wall's anything but in the best condition.

Nails, clips, screws and wall plugs, anything that'll hold it!

So if people don't use capping, what other ways can I cover the cables ready for the plasterer ? I don't want to run onduit

Once again, a thread title is confusing me. If you're chasing walls out, as the title suggests, then (in my view) capping isn't needed. Even a halfwit plasterer can't get his float to your cables in a chase.

Once again, a thread title is confusing me. If you're chasing walls out, as the title suggests, then (in my view) capping isn't needed. Even a halfwit plasterer can't get his float to your cables in a chase.
I dunno, they do seem to manage to do some unbelievably stupid things :^O

Last edited by a moderator:
oval tube is best and drill each side and insert red plug and then hammer clout nails in which will keep the tube neatly in place. If its breezeblock or thermalite then no plugs/drilling needed - happy days

oval tube is best and drill each side and insert red plug and then hammer clout nails in which will keep the tube neatly in place. If its breezeblock or thermalite then no plugs/drilling needed - happy days
Is oval tube the same as oval conduit ?

+1, I love oval tube/ conduit, much quicker to put up. PVC/ MC capping too fiddly IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fred, capping is the devils work,

Oval conduit, 2x2.5 will fit in some 3/4 easily, 5/8 at a push,! 20mm round is much better if you really want to use conduit then do it properly, not half ****d.!

Latest posts