climate change is natural?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Fleeting, at least you're not a denier, but that's a very "not my problem" attitude.
As gezb said, you don't have to have the sort of EV that we enjoy driving.
You'll get more than enough power with a Tesla Plaid, Porsche Taycan etc.
And max torque available from zero will be far from soulless.
All that's missing is the intrusive engine noise.
Enough with the excuses.

Well Fleeting, at least you're not a denier, but that's a very "not my problem" attitude.
As gezb said, you don't have to have the sort of EV that we enjoy driving.
You'll get more than enough power with a Tesla Plaid, Porsche Taycan etc.
And max torque available from zero will be far from soulless.
All that's missing is the intrusive engine noise.
Enough with the excuses.
I'm not denying they have power I have already stated this and have experienced it but they are soulless appliances. Not making any excuses my choice is to drive cars with soul that make you part of the driving experience. "Not my problem" is making assumptions.

I'm not denying they have power I have already stated this and have experienced it but they are soulless appliances. Not making any excuses my choice is to drive cars with soul that make you part of the driving experience. "Not my problem" is making assumptions.
Being a bit of petrol head myself, I know where you are coming from. Can't stand automatics either.

So keep a nice classic in the garage, and run around in an EV 😁. I love steam engines too, they feel kind of alive.
EV been around longer than ICE anyway but didn't catch on the fun was elsewhere.

So keep a nice classic in the garage, and run around in an EV 😁. I love steam engines too, they feel kind of alive.
I have my old Landrover as my classic car, but that is what it is. It won't do all my "ICE car needs" It is not a good tow car, yes it will tow 2 tons, but it would be a slow dog on the road towing that, and it's not a long distance car, drive that 300 miles and it would take a week for your bones to stop shaking.

Now if only i could afford a nice restored V8 P38 Range Rover........

I have my old Landrover as my classic car, but that is what it is. It won't do all my "ICE car needs" It is not a good tow car, yes it will tow 2 tons, but it would be a slow dog on the road towing that, and it's not a long distance car, drive that 300 miles and it would take a week for your bones to stop shaking.

Now if only i could afford a nice restored V8 P38 Range Rover........
Old land rovers must be one of the most uncomfortable vehicles ever made. Went all the way to the Lake district in a Safari version many years ago - never again 😀

I am not against us all making improvements, but I do hate in so many ways the way the media portray it. ICE vehicles being the big planet killers for instance. Actually no, before I built the new house, the old one burned more oil each year than our cars. HOUSING is the big climate problem yet to be solved because frankly most of the uk housing stock is utter rubbish and to upgrade it properly is going to cost a LOT and nobody has dared think about it beyond scratching the surface. Cars are just the easy target, the low hanging fruit, make us all feel guilty when it does not make as much difference as upgrading all the houses.
Well I'm sure the government has plans to fix that - at the home owners cost. Already for rental properties the landlord has to get an energy certificate, and they can't let the property unless it's grade E above (which isn't totally unreasonable), but the current rule are changing to make that a minimum of grade C from 2025 which is much more difficult to achieve for many properties without a great deal of expense. It looks like that requirement may be shelved due to the large amount of rental properties that would be affected, and that many of those would be sold rather than upgraded which would make the already escalating rental prices even worse.

But either way, do you think the government will stop at rental properties? It's likely at some point they'll "encourage" people to upgrade their properties, or penalise them for low scores (higher council tax for example). You may also find it more difficult to get mortgages for properties below a certain grade (happening to some extent in the BTL market already) reducing your ability to sell you home unless you upgrade it. Have you all noticed that houses up for sale now all show their energy performance rating, like they're a washing machine or something... Give it a decade or so, barring any major pushback or housing crisis.

Old land rovers must be one of the most uncomfortable vehicles ever made. Went all the way to the Lake district in a Safari version many years ago - never again 😀
I drove up the A1 from herts to yorkshire, in the snow, in an old series 3 soft top - it was bloody freezing. On the plus side, on a really hot day you could take the roof off and fold the windscreen down onto the bonnet (or more specifically, onto the spare tire on the bonnet :LOL:)...

I drove up the A1 from herts to yorkshire, in the snow, in an old series 3 soft top - it was bloody freezing. On the plus side, on a really hot day you could take the roof off and fold the windscreen down onto the bonnet (or more specifically, onto the spare tire on the bonnet :LOL:)...
Ill have Climate Control on my energy efficient EV any day of the week thanks.